Model PV-3 Spark Arresting Purge Vent Accessory
The Model PV-3 Purge Vent is a gravity operated enclosure pressure relieving device designed to relieve excess pressure inside a protected enclosure while preventing any sparks or burning material from escaping into a classified location. A required accessory for Model YZ103 purge units, the Model PV-3 will begin to open when enclosure pressure exceeds approximately 0.8” w.c. and will fully open once enclosure pressure exceeds approximately 1.5”. Model PV-3 is constructed of aluminum and stainless steel components providing corrosion protection from harsh environments. Being gravity operated, the Model PV-3 MUST be installed in a true vertical position for proper operation and is available in “T” (top mount) and “S” (side mount) configurations. The device attaches to the protected enclosure via a standard conduit hub and can alternately be remotely mounted (contact factory for details).
- Shipping Weight: -T (Top Mount): 8 oz.
- -S (Side Mount): 16 oz.
- Mounting Hub Diameter: 3/4”
- Normal Purge Flow Rate: 12 scfm
- Normal Purge Enclosure Pressure: *5” w.c.
- Maximum Flow Rate: **24 scfm
- Maximum Flow Enclosure Pressure: **9.5” w.c.
- * Enclosure Integrity determines actual Pressure
- **1/2” supply @ 100 psi, zero leakage totally sealed test enclosure
- Vent Cap & Base: Machined 3003 Aluminum
- Vent Cover: Drawn Aluminum
- Mounting Hub: Aluminum
- Spark Arresting Element: 80 micron 316 SS
- Fastening Hardware: 316 Stainless Steel
- Pipe Fittings: Aluminum
- Relief Ball: Polypropolyne