What is the gray market?
The Gray Market is a term that is used to describe the resale of new or used fittings, glands, Nema 7 explosion proof boxes, lighting, using channels other than those intended by the original manufacturer.
Crouse Hinds products sold by parties other than authorized dealers have a high potential risk of being purchased after the product has been tampered or altered. Even worse, unknown to the buyer, the product may even be counterfeit or used. We at Spike Electric Controls value authenticity and make every effort to protect consumers from The Gray Market.
Know the signs of a gray market product:
- The warranty is not backed by the factory, but instead backed by the reseller. Make sure to ask the vendor if the original manufacturer of the Crouse Hinds fittings, glands, Nema 7 explosion proof boxes, lighting, or any other apparatus is backed by their warranty.
- The company selling the product claims the products are manufactured in the same factory as Crouse Hinds but they have no proof of this.
- The company that is supplying an electrical assembly cannot prove that they purchased it through an authorized Crouse Hinds distributor.
- The product is not sold in its original packaging.
- The product looks like it may have been previously installed. Be sure to check the threads.
- The label on the carton has been removed or tampered.
- The product has been sand blasted & re-powder coated, or it is not the original manufacturer’s paint code.
- A label has been partially cut off from the new in-box material or did not come in a box from the factory.
What’s the danger in these counterfeit breakers?
There is an increased risk of malfunction and failure with counterfeit products, leaving people vulnerable to the following potential dangers:
- Property Damage
- Electrical shock
- Equipment Failure
- Seals Failing
- Rusting of Re-powder Coated Products
- Nema 7 Enclosures not containing an internal explosion
How do you make sure the circuit breaker you purchase is genuine?
How to Ensure that you are Purchasing a Genuine Circuit Breaker:
- Make your purchase from ONLY authorized distributors or original equipment manufacturers like Spike Electric Controls that buys through the authorized channels.
- Check on the Crouse Hinds website https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/locate/life-safety.html to ensure you are purchasing from an authorized distributor.
- On apparatus & power distribution products, call Crouse Hinds & ask if the company that is assembling is purchasing through the correct channels 877.277.4636
What does Spike Electric Controls do to ensure our assemblies are genuine?
What we at Spike Electric Controls do to guarantee the authenticity of our power distribution and control apparatus:
We have partnered with Eaton Crouse Hinds to ensure that the products we carry are not only genuine, but also safe for customer use. We feel that it is important to expose The Gray Market and encourage customers to pay attention to the problems of it and take measures to safeguard themselves.
Avoid placing yourself at risk by keeping away from aftermarket & used products that can result in serious issues during the installation process and during use. It is not worth taking these risks. Protect yourself and others by making choices that keep such gray market products off the market.
Call us today or place a request for a quote on our authentic quality power distribution and control apparatus. You deserve to have the peace of mind that the products you install for all your projects are both safe and reliable.
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.844.279.8295 or 832.243.5372